All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   IT   RU   FR   RO   PT   HU   LA   NL   SK   HR   ES   BG   NO   FI   CS   TR   DA   PL   EL   SR   EO   |   SK   HU   FR   PL   NL   SQ   RU   NO   ES   SV   IT   DA   PT   CS   HR   RO   |   more ...

Dicionário Inglês-Português

BETA Online Dictionary Portuguese-English: Enter keyword here!
 ÁáÀà...
  https | Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations | Desktop

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Portugiesisch
 Ajude-me, por favor! »
« Written to me by a Brazilian female friend tha...    

Portuguese-English Translation of
Please help me translate

« go back | show/hide answers | notify of additions
Term:
Please help me translate this  
by Duinw, 2017-08-17, 16:15  Spam?  86.80.247...
Someone wrote me regarding a school course for her child, and said, “John, custa-me um bocadinho o Vitor ir para esta classe mas tenho que aceitar .Esta classe não tem ano o aluno avança conforme consegue eu vou colocar o Vitor na explicação em inglês, alemão e françês “

But I don’t understand.
1. I am not sure if  she is saying that the course costs a lot or does not cost a lot.
which is it?
Then I understand that she is saying that she has to accept and put Vitor in the class in any case.

But then I don’t understand again. She says, “Esta classe não tem ano o aluno avança conforme consegue eu vou colocar o Joao na explicação em inglês, alemão e françês”

I don't understand this at all, especially, "o aluno avança conforme consegue eu vou colocar o Vitor na explicação"

Could anyone help me with this?
Answer:
Confused letter  #878108
by Maninmanaus (IE/BR), 2017-09-07, 05:38  Spam?  
Let's start with an attempt at an overall translation.

John, it's very expensive for Vitor to attend this class, but I have to accept it. This class is not year-specific - the student advances depending on performance. I'm going to put Vitor in the explanation in English, German and French.

The original is badly written, and the punctuation very poor. The last sentence I cannot understand at all.

In answer to your questions:

1. The course is expensive. You are correct in saying that she has no choice.
2. I believe she means that students advance based on performance/results rather than by year. There should be a full stop after "...consegue".
3. I cannot understand the sentence "I am going to... French."

Optional: Login | Sign Up 
  Answer the question or add a comment

Headline
Username
E-Mail (opt.)
Description
Context or additional information. HTML not allowed! Links starting with http:// will be clickable. Formatting: +word+ will be displayed as word, *word* will result in word.
» guidelines
« go back
 Standard reply: Context | Try on your own | Ask Paul | Dictionary
Postings are publicly visible and can be found using search engines.

back to top | home© 2002 - 2017 Paul Hemetsberger | contact
Portuguese-English online dictionary (Dicionário Inglês-Português) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information!
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Remove Ads